Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sleep, wonderful sleep!

It's been a week since I went to the doctor and got my prescription for Ambien. She gave me 4 sample pills and the script for 30 more. I have taken three of them, and nyquil one night since two days later I came down with a bad cough. But, I've been sleeping. Sleeping well, in fact.

My skin is looking better, my mental clarity is returning, and overall I'm functioning better. Well, except for having the cough. But even being sick, I can tell my body is handling it better than usual. I got my nose pierced on Feb. 13th, and normally my body gets very angry when I get cartilage piercings. This one is healing great with none of the issues I had when I'd previously had it pierced (at a different high stress, little sleep time in my life).

I find even on the nights I don't take the medicine (I'm not the greatest at remembering pills), I fall asleep easier. I don't dread going to sleep anymore, and because I'm well rested I'm not as axious during the day, which makes it harder to sleep.



I started back to work at the portrait studio last Sunday. A different studio, but same company. I've been told I have to get my average sales up (I avereaged $67/sale over 3 sales; they expect $100/sale average), but that I am doing well. It didn't help that one of those sales involved an uncooperative 2 year old that punched me in the arm! I have the bruise to prove it- he was strong! Hopefully tomorrow night and this Sunday will go better for me. It's nice being back in the studio, though. I missed working with a 'real' camera. My Sony Cybershot just does not cut it after I've worked on a quality DSLR.

The only thing about work that I dislike, is, well, working. That sounds awful, doesn't it? I love my job, I find it very fufilling. But I already watch a friend's son during the week. And even though I'm working at most 8 hours a week, it just feels like yet another obligation. The babywearing group is having a mom's night in next Friday and I thought I had the night off, but just got told I may have to work it, and won't know until that morning. So I can't make definitive plans one way or the other. But, this is only temporary. Once my old co-worker gets full-time hours and I start watching her son, I'm leaving Sear's and will be at home with the girls (and my friends son's) full-time!


We're putting the girls back into the larger of the two non-master bedrooms. We had moved their beds to the smaller room so the larger could be a toyroom. But we're cutting out so many toys that it doesn't make sense anymore. So the smaller room will be my sewing and massage room and the bigger room will be a combined toy/bedroom. I'm getting a bookshelf for the toys. We have containers for different kinds of toys, and if they have more than will fit in the container, they have to downsize. But my oldest has discovered that if you downsize your beanie babies Mama will do fun things like make beanbag balls for you. She just won't tell you where the stuffing for the balls came from. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment